Every Word Project
The Every Word Project is to proclaim out loud every word of the Bible. We will begin by reading Genesis 1 during our Opening Worship. We will conclude by reading Revelation 22 during our Closing Worship. We will join together as a community of Christian educators to read every word in between out loud during the 2017 CEA convention. Yes, we will be reading to an empty room. This is not a performance nor is it a time of instruction. This is a time of proclamation! We are proclaiming God's word, in it's entirety, as a community of Christian educators. Since the commemoration reading and the convention are occurring concurrently it is perfectly acceptable to either enter a session late or leave early to go and proclaim. We are excited to be able to combine our theme of Cultivating Community and the Commemoration of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation into one project, the Every Word Project.
i. Sign up to proclaim from Genesis – Numbers.
ii. Sign up to proclaim from Deuteronomy – II Samuel.
iii. Sign up to proclaim from I Kings – Ezra.
iv. Sign up to proclaim from Nehemiah – Psalms.
v. Sign up to proclaim from Proverbs – Jeremiah.
vi. Sign up to proclaim from Lamentations – Malachi.
vii. Sign up to proclaim from Matthew – Acts.
viii. Sign up to proclaim from Romans – Revelation.
Here are some additional ways that you can enhance your reading of scripture:
1. Sign up for more than one slot! You can sign up for several slots in a row, or for various slots spread throughout the convention.
2. Sign up with a friend. Sign up with your teaching team. Sign up as a school, or as a department, or a grade level. Proclaim the Word together.
3. In one of the rooms the reader proclaiming God’s word will be shown on a television screen in the hall. We are saturating the convention with God’s Word.
4. We are encouraging the reading of God’s Word in languages other than English. In each room there will be a Spanish Bible available to read from. There will also be an iPad in each room where the Word can be proclaimed in Latin, French, German, Hebrew, Mandarin, Dutch etc.
Pray for those who are reading that God will use His Word in their mouths to actively speak into their lives and in turn into the lives of their students.
2017 CEA Chairperson Sign Up
Sign up today to serve as a Session Chairperson at CEA 2017! We are looking for friendly smiles to introduce the presenter in each session and welcome the attendees. It is our goal to have this sign up completed by the end of May.
2017 CEA Housing Information
This important housing/lodging information is being sent to you in preparation for our fall 2017 CEA Convention which will be held in Holland, MI on October 19 and 20. (More convention information and a request for dues will be sent to you in the fall.) EACH CEA MEMBER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING HIS/HER OWN HOUSING/LODGING RESERVATIONS.
- You must tell the hotels that you are with CEA to receive these rates.
- Remember to reserve the correct dates. The actual CEA Convention is Thursday and Friday, October 19 and 20, 2017. You will most likely need lodging for Wednesday, October 18 and/or Thursday, October 19.
- You will need a credit card number to make a reservation.
- You will be dealing directly with the hotel/motel for ALL arrangements and will receive a confirmation directly from that hotel/motel.
- Hotel/motel names, rates, etc. are listed below.
Holland DoubleTree by Hilton - 650 East 24th Street, Holland, MI 49423
(3 miles east of Holland Christian High School)
Rooms = $129.00 (breakfast included)
Holiday Inn Express Holland - 12381 Felch Street, Holland, MI 49424 (6 miles north of Holland Christian High School)
Rooms = $119.00
Hampton Inn of Holland - 12427 Felch Street, Holland, MI 49424
(6 miles north of Holland Christian High School)
Rooms = $134.00 (complimentary hot breakfast, micro fridg in room, free wi-fi)
2017 CEA Get Movin' Opportunities
* Join Nicki Chandler, exercise instructor, in the gym at Holland Christian High School on Thursday, October 19 from 3:20 - 4:20 for a fun workout.
* Join Dirk Hollebeek on a bike ride through Holland. Bring your own bike and helmet. We will ride on Thursday after the convention. Email Brenda VanderPloeg (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.
* 2017 CEA 5K run with David DeKruyter on Friday, October 20 at 7:00 a.m. David will lead us on a new route for our 5K run. Email Brenda VanderPloeg (email@example.com) to sign up.
2017 CEA Debut of:
* Carolyn Stitch from the Carolyn Stitch art studios of downtown Holland will be making the art room at Holland Christian available for you with some great ideas and materials to make your own art on Thursday afternoon from 1:00 - 4:20.
* Traveling Sensory Classroom is coming on Friday (beginning at 8:30, the rest of the convention begins at 9:00). You will have the opportunity to participate in a simulation of what it is like to have a sensory processing disorder.
* Orchestra read through - in addition to our normal band and choir read through sessions, we will also be having a string read through session. Please bring your instruments and let's make music together.
* Special two hour engaging training on effective Parent-Teacher Conferences on Friday morning. This will be led by Dr. Joy Meyer and Kelly Lenarz from Trinity Christian College. Participants will leave with a specific plan and the confidence to engage parents effectively during parent teacher conferences. Attendees should bring a laptop and earbuds to this workshop.
* The Van Andel Education Institute is bringing their beakers. Come use the beautiful lab rooms at Holland Christian High School and participate in two exciting lab sessions. White coats not required.
* "From Many, One" Mural. Following lunch on Thursday we will all have the opportunity to work together for a few minutes as a community to help artist, Joel Schoon-Tanis, build a mural. You will be able to watch him work in the set garage at Holland Christian High School on Thursday afternoon. Details and directions will be given at the opening worship on Thursday.
* "Here I Stand" Exhibition - A series of 30 engaging posters on the history of the reformation will be on display in the gym all day on Thursday.