1. The 2019 CEA Convention will be held on October 24 and 25, 2019 at the Century Center in South Bend, IN.
2. The 2019 CEA Housing Information is attached.
3. The CEA Book Club title for 2019 has been announced! Plan on reading “On the Brink of Everything: Grace, Gravity and Getting Old” by Parker Palmer and then discussing it together at the 2019 CEA Convention.
4. We are thrilled to welcome back River City Improv on Thursday night. Come with your staff for a night of laughs. The show will be held in the main hall, where the Opening Worship is held. The admission is free!
5. Join us at 7:00 a.m. on Friday morning for the CEA 5K run/walk along the St. Joseph River.
6. Wow, are we exited to share with this tremendous professional development opportunity that is being provided at the 2019 CEA Convention! Kristyn Kamps (a former middle school teacher at Holland Christian School), now a national faculty member at PBL Works and Danae LeMoine, former principal at Doulos Discovery School (a Christian school in the Dominican Republic) are returning to CEA to provide teachers with high quality project based learning workshop. Both Kristyn and Danae are experienced presenters who are focused on empowering Christian educators with practical strategies for creating relevant learning experiences for students. Kristyn and Danae will be offering the introductory project based learning workshop. This training will meet during all four sessions on Thursday and both sessions on Friday. You must commit to all six sessions to be included in this workshop.
Introduction to PBL: In this workshop, we will learn about the basics of planning high quality projects that connect students to content in relevant ways while engaging their heads and hearts. There is NO ADDITIONAL COST for this workshop. Teachers simply pay their regular CEA dues and will be allowed to attend this PBL workshop with Kristyn and Danae. This is a great deal since attending comparable training can be very expensive.
I will need to know ahead of time who is taking advantage of the limited seating Introduction to PBL workshop which requires a commitment of all six CEA sessions. Email Brenda VanderPloeg (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know how many seats I can save for you in the PBL workshop at the 2019 CEA Convention.
7. The dues for the 2019 CEA convention will be $90.00 per person.
We look forward to seeing YOU on October 24 and 25 at the Century Center in South Bend, IN.
CEA 2019 CONVENTION HOUSING INFORMATION
To: ALL CEA MEMBERS
From: Brenda VanderPloeg, Executive Secretary
Christian Educators Association
Date: MAY, 2019
Re: CEA 2019 CONVENTION HOUSING/LODGING
This important housing/lodging information is being sent to you in preparation for our fall 2019 CEA Convention to be held in South Bend, Indiana on October 24 and 25. (More convention information and a request for dues will be sent to you in the fall.) EACH CEA MEMBER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING HIS/HER OWN HOUSING/LODGING RESERVATIONS.
You must tell the hotels that you are with CEA to receive these rates.
Remember to reserve the correct dates. The actual CEA Convention is Thursday and Friday, October 24 and 25, 2019. You will most likely need lodging for Wednesday, October 23 and/or Thursday, October 24.
You will need a credit card number to make a reservation.
You will be dealing directly with the hotel/motel for ALL arrangements and will receive a confirmation directly from that hotel/motel.
REDUCED RATES FOR CEA MEMBERS AT THE FOLLOWING HOTELS:
Southbend DoubleTree Hotel
123 North St. Joseph Street
South Bend, IN 46601
Connected to the Century Center via a skywalk
Parking $10.00 per day.
Reservation Number: 574-234-2000
5225 Edison Lakes Parkway
Mishawaka, IN 46545
5.2 miles East of the Century Center
Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet
Reservation Number: 574-271-0832
Courtyard by Marriott
121 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
South Bend, IN 46601
Across the street from the Century Center
In and Out valet parking, $15.00 per day.
Reservation Number: 574-237-7777
60971 US 31 South
South Bend, IN 46614
5 miles South of the Century Center
Complementary Hot Breakfast
Reservation Number: 574-291-3100