1. It is a privilege to be able to teach from a Christian perspective at a Christian school. We are constantly working to define, understand and communicate what that means. We are thrilled to be able to offer two sessions specifically answering the question, “What Does It Mean To Be A Reformed Educator?” Rod Brandsen, principal at Rose Park Christian, a part of Holland Christian Schools, will be exploring that answer on Thursday. Mariano Avila, from Calvin Theological Seminary, will be exploring that answer on Friday.
2. You can look forward to many and various Biblical based sessions that will be applicable to your class, your life and your community.
3. The 2015 CEA Book Club Book has been announced! Plan on reading and discussing The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie at CEA in October.
4. Thank you for providing pictures from your school for our 2015 CEA banner. We extended the deadline and will be accepting photos until Monday, March 30. Go to the CEA website, click on convention, click on Collect 2015 photos.
5. We need you! Please sign up today to serve as a CEA Chairperson. As a chairperson you pick up the session envelope from convention headquarters in the lobby of the Century Center, introduce the speaker, give the speaker his/her check and pass out/collect the surveys. Click here to see all of the sessions and to sign up to be a chairperson. *The list is subject to change.
6. Dues for the 2015 CEA Convention will remain at $80.00 per person.
7. If you are an instrumentalist, please bring your instrument to South Bend and participate in the Opening Worship Prelude and the session on reading/playing through music.
8. We are looking forward to hosting River City Improv on Thursday night. This will be a free event. Come, gather, laugh, enjoy!
9. So far, we have three Loaves and Fishes sessions for you to participate in. Please join Jess Hollenbach in singing through some choral music. Join Scott VandenBerg in playing through some instrumental music. Join Nancy Pyle in discovering what Immersion Education looks like.
10. We look forward to seeing YOU on October 22 and 23, 2015 at the Century Center in South Bend, IN.