1. Use our online convention planner to plan your time at the 2014 CEA convention.
2. On Friday morning, October 24, 2014 beginning at 7:14 a.m. we will be hosting a CEA 5K run on the Holland Christian High School cross country course. This will be a free non-chipped event.
3. Pre-registration is required for the following sessions at 2014 CEA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to pre-register.
a. Calvin College Visit: Participants will have the opportunity to visit Calvin College from 10:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, October 23. The visit will include the opportunity to tour the campus, interact with academic and administrative leadership, learn about the admissions and financial aid process and enjoy a catered lunch. A review of Calvin’s robust study abroad program and athletic offerings will also be included as part of your visit. Transportation to and from campus will be provided by the Calvin College Enrollment Division.
b. Water Quality Lab: Thursday, October 23 from 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., presented by Blandford Nature Center in the Holland Christian High School lab.
c. Science as Models Lab: Thursday, October 23 from 1:05 p.m. – 2:05 p.m., presented by Calvin College in the Holland Christian High School lab.
d. Science or Engineering: Thursday, October 23 from 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m., presented by Calvin College in the Holland Christian High School lab. (Science as Models is a pre-requisite)
e. Scaffolding Inquiry Using Model Organisms: Friday, October 24 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m., presented by Van Andel Education Institute.
4. 2014 CEA Convention will have a music reading session for band, a music reading session for orchestra, and a music reading session for choir. Please bring your instruments and your voices.
5. Many of the 2014 CEA Convention sessions will qualify for Michigan SCECH credit. Use the online convention planner and search SCECH for a complete listing.
6. Student teachers and retired teachers may attend the 2014 CEA Convention for free. Student teachers email Brenda VanderPloeg (email@example.com) for a student teacher voucher. Retired teachers email Brenda VanderPloeg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for instructions on how to get a name badge.
7. Your CEA delegate will conduct the 2014 CEA election. Reminder, the 2014 CEA election results are due back to Brenda VanderPloeg by Thursday, October 9. Email Brenda if you need the information.
8. We are looking forward to worshipping on Thursday morning, October 23 with the Calvin College Gospel Choir and the Reverend Doctor Mary Hulst from Calvin College.
9. The Andy Steensma Insurance Agency is a Grand Rapids based agency proudly representing Meemic Insurance company and proud of our partnership with CEA. Visit our table at the CEA Conference to find out more about our products and services exclusively for the educational community. Michigan educators, if you are not currently insured with Meemic, stop by or give us a call and find out how you can earn $20 to be donated to CEA for use in Michigan Schools. Simply request a no-obligation auto or home quote. You may also visit our website www.AndySteensmaAgency.com and refer to CEA.
Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. This offer is valid until 11/30/14 and only for Michigan residents that are employees of the educational community and members of CEA. Limit one $20 donation per household. This offer is not valid for current Meemic members. You are required to speak with an Andy Steensma Insurance Agency representative to qualify for the $20 donation. This offer is only available through the Andy Steensma Insurance Agency.
10. We look forward to seeing you on Thursday and Friday, October 23 and 24 at Holland Christian High School in Holland, MI!