1. THANK YOU to everyone who has signed up to serve as a CEA Convention Session Chairperson. We need to have all the sessions covered with a chairperson by the end of May! We need you! A chairpersons’ job includes picking up the session envelope from convention headquarters the day of the session, introducing the speaker, giving the speaker his/her check, and passing out/collecting session surveys from the attendees. Please click on this link - www.SignUpGenius.com/go/8050F48A4AF2CA75-ceachairpersons to sign up as a CEA chairperson. Thank you! ** Schedule is subject to change**
2. CEA Convention Housing information for hotels in the Holland area has been sent to your CEA delegate.
3. Dues for the 2014 CEA Convention will be $80.00 each.
4. On Friday morning, October 24, 2014 beginning at 7:14 a.m. we will be hosting a CEA 5K run on the Holland Christian High School cross country course. This will be a free non-chipped event.
5. Pre-registration is required for the following sessions at 2014 CEA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to pre-register.
a. Calvin College Visit: Participants will have the opportunity to visit Calvin College from 10:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, October 23. The visit will include the opportunity to tour the campus, interact with academic and administrative leadership, learn about the admissions and financial aid process and enjoy a catered lunch. A review of Calvin’s robust study abroad program and athletic offerings will also be included as part of your visit. Transportation to and from campus will be provided by the Calvin College Enrollment Division.
b. Water Quality Lab: Thursday, October 23 from 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., presented by Blandford Nature Center in the Holland Christian High School lab.
c. Science as Models Lab: Thursday, October 23 from 1:05 p.m. – 2:05 p.m., presented by Calvin College in the Holland Christian High School lab.
d. Science or Engineering: Thursday, October 23 from 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m., presented by Calvin College in the Holland Christian High School lab. (Science as Models is a pre-requisite)
e. Water Quality Lab: Thursday, October 23 from 3:25 p.m. – 4:25 p.m., presented by Blandford Nature Center in the Holland Christian High School lab.
f. Scaffolding Inquiry Water Quality Lab: Friday, October 24 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m., presented by Van Andel Education Institute.
6. 2014 CEA Convention will have a music reading session for band, a music reading session for orchestra, and a music reading session for choir. Please bring your instruments and your voices.
7. We look forward to seeing you on Thursday and Friday, October 23 and 24 at Holland Christian High School in Holland, MI!