Thursday begins at 9:00 am at Central Wesleyan.
Friday begins at 9:00 am at Holland Christian High School.
- Use our online convention planner to plan your time at the 2014 CEA convention.
- On Friday morning, October 24, 2014 beginning at 7:14 a.m. we will be hosting a CEA 5K run on the Holland Christian High School cross country course. This will be a free non-chipped event. Please email Brenda VanderPloeg at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this event.
- Pre-registration is required for the following sessions at 2014 CEA. Email email@example.com with your request to pre-register. There are seats remaining in each of the following sessions.
- Calvin College Visit: Participants will have the opportunity to visit Calvin College from 10:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, October 23. The visit will include the opportunity to tour the campus, get a free Calvin t-shirt, interact with academic and administrative leadership, learn about the admissions and financial aid process and enjoy a catered lunch. A review of Calvin’s robust study abroad program and athletic offerings will also be included as part of your visit. Transportation to and from campus will be provided by the Calvin College Enrollment Division.
- Water Quality Lab: Thursday, October 23 from 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., presented by Blandford Nature Center in the Holland Christian High School lab.
- Science as Models Lab: Thursday, October 23 from 1:05 p.m. – 2:05 p.m., presented by Calvin College in the Holland Christian High School lab. (7 spots left)
- Science or Engineering: Thursday, October 23 from 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m., presented by Calvin College in the Holland Christian High School lab. (Science as Models is a pre-requisite)
- Scaffolding Inquiry Using Model Organisms: Friday, October 24 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m., presented by Van Andel Education Institute.
- 2014 CEA Convention will have a music reading session for band, a music reading session for orchestra, and a music reading session for choir. Please bring your instruments and your voices.
- Many of the 2014 CEA Convention sessions will qualify for Michigan SCECH credit. Use the online convention planner and search SCECH for a complete listing. Here are the SCECH Instructions and the SCECH Sign In/Sign Out sheet. Please print off both of these documents and bring with you to the convention.
- We are looking forward to worshipping on Friday morning, October 24, with music led by the Steve Elzinga band from Pathway Church and our Capstone Speaker, Joy Bonnema, from Madison Square North.
- Lunch has to be pre-ordered, but there are two food options available for purchase at the convention.
- The Well (located across from the office): Coffee, soda, bottled drinks, baked goods and quick snacks
- The Snack Room (located inside the cafeteria): Salty snacks, beverages, fruit, granola bars, candy snacks
- The Andy Steensma Insurance Agency is a Grand Rapids based agency proudly representing Meemic Insurance company and proud of our partnership with CEA. Visit our table at the CEA Conference to find out more about our products and services exclusively for the educational community. Michigan educators, if you are not currently insured with Meemic, stop by or give us a call and find out how you can earn $20 to be donated to CEA for use in Michigan Schools. Simply request a no-obligation auto or home quote. You may also visit our website www.AndySteensmaAgency.com and refer to CEA. Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. This offer is valid until 11/30/14 and only for Michigan residents that are employees of the educational community and members of CEA. Limit one $20 donation per household. This offer is not valid for current Meemic members. You are required to speak with an Andy Steensma Insurance Agency representative to qualify for the $20 donation. This offer is only available through the Andy Steensma Insurance Agency.
- We look forward to seeing you on Thursday and Friday, October 23 and 24 at Holland Christian High School in Holland, MI!